Residence of foreigners in Egypt
- As for the residence of foreigners in Egypt, in accordance with the law no. لسنة for a year الخاص on the entry and residence of foreigners in the territory of the Arab Republic of Egypt, there are three types of residence permits and we will clarify them
A – Private residence :-
This residence is for a period of ten years, renewable, it is licensed for foreigners born in Egypt before ۲٦ / ۵ / ۱۹۵۲ or residing in it for twenty years before this date, as well as for their wives and minor children .
B – Regular accommodation :
– This residence permit is renewable for a period of five years and is licensed to foreigners residing in Egypt for fifteen years continuously prior to ۲٦ / ۵ / ۱۹۵۲ and minors may also obtain this type of residence permit .
They may obtain permission to be absent outside the country from Egypt for a period of six months and the period of absence from Egypt shall not exceed two years except in cases of study or cases of compulsory conscription .
C – Temporary residence: - this type of residence has multiple photos and we will clarify them : –
۱– Five-year residency :-
This residence permit is issued for a period of five years, which may be renewed for foreigners of the following categories:
- Foreign investors, their wives and children.
- Egyptians who have lost their Egyptian citizenship as a result of permission to naturalize with a foreign nationality – while not retaining Egyptian citizenship, as well as their minor children who were covered by permission.
- The sons are:
Sons of the Egyptian mother .
Children whose children have been granted Egyptian citizenship .
Children who have reached the age of majority on the sponsorship of their mothers who are licensed in private, regular or quinquennial residence in their personal capacity in the event of the death of the father.
- Those who are over sixty years old and have settled in the country for ten years and have the means to live in the country.
- Foreigners who are required by international agreements to have a five-year residence permit.
- Wives and widows of Egyptians.
- Wives of licensed foreigners in ordinary residence.
– Wives and children of foreigners licensed for five-year residence in the previous cases.
۲– Triple accommodation :-
– A residence permit for a period of three years may be renewed for foreigners of the following categories:
- Foreign spouses of Egyptian women.
- The sons are:
Authorized minor children in private or ordinary residence, like their father in the event of his death .
Children of the legal age whose parents are licensed in private, regular or triple residence, provided that there is a living resource for them
Adult male Palestinian children working in the governor's administration or referred by them to a pension who have completed their studies in the country and are not working in the country .
- Employees of the government, public bodies, public sector companies and the business sector.
- Palestinians working in the governor's administration and referred by them to the pension.- Palestinians holding travel documents issued by the Egyptian authorities who have stabilized their status and have resided for the previous ten years and have the means to live in the country.
- Foreigners who receive a monthly pension from the National Insurance and Pensions Authority.
- Residents of shelters of the infirm, the elderly.
- Refugees registered with the United Nations refugee offices.
- The widow of a licensed foreigner in private and ordinary residence.
- Wives and children of foreigners who are exempt from restrictions or residence permits.- Foreigners whose right to private or regular residence has lapsed for any reason.
- Foreigners working at the Swiss Institute for ancient architectural and archaeological research in the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Foreigners who are required by international agreements to be licensed for Triple residence.
- Those whom the minister of the interior agrees to grant triple residence.
- Wives and children of foreigners licensed in the triple residence in the previous cases.
۳–Temporary residence for non-tourists:-
The reasons for which a one-year residence permit can be issued for non-tourists:
- Employees of the government, public bodies, the public sector, Local Government Units or business sector companies – it is also licensed to their wives and children.
- Employees in the private and investment sector under a work license from the Ministry of manpower and employment, and their wives and children like them.
- Students in universities, institutes and schools based on certificates of enrollment.
- Parents of students studying in the country-who have obtained this residence permit for the purpose of study.
- Foreigners coming to the country to do volunteer work at their own expense.
- Egyptian husbands-they are allowed to stay for a year on the Egyptian wife's bail .
- Children who have exceeded the age of majority who are licensed to reside under work licenses from the Ministry of manpower and employment.
- The parents of the investor licensed in the five-year residency on the sponsorship of the investor's son, and based on a letter of recommendation from the Investment Authority.
- Divorced Egyptian foster mother of Egyptian children.
- Spouse and minor children of a foreigner licensed for temporary residence in her personal capacity.
- Those who own real estate under property contracts registered in the real estate month,their wives and children – provided that the value of the property is not less than ۱۰۰, ۰۰۰ (one hundred thousand US dollars)- are transferred through one of the Egyptian banks.
- Relatives of Egyptians up to the second degree.
- Those who are over the age of ۵۰ a year, have resided in the country for five continuous years, and have the means to live or sponsor a relative up to the fourth degree.
٤–Temporary residence for tourism :
- For a maximum period of one Renewable year and is licensed for tourism, visiting or treatment, and upon the end of the stay in Egypt, it is possible to travel within fifteen days following the end of the stay directly through the country's ports, and in case of wanting to renew the stay for another period, apply to the department or one of its geographical branches . A foreigner with a tourist residence permit may travel outside Egypt only after obtaining a return visa from the passport authority .
- Some citizens coming from some specific countries may also obtain a tourist residence permit upon arrival at the airport, but there are some citizens of some other countries who must obtain a tourist visa in advance from the Egyptian embassy located in their country before arriving in Egypt, and these countries are :-
Note: - in case a foreigner violates the conditions of residence and breaks or exceeds the period of his licensed residence, whatever the type of this residence, a fine of ۱۰۵۰ pounds is paid for the period from one day to أشهر months after the expiration of the period of his licensed residence, provided thatنية pounds is increased for every other three months after the expiration of the period of Any fine due after أشهر months after the expiration of the period of licensed residence is an amount ofنية pounds وهكذا and so on .
We specialize in extracting and renewing the residence of foreigners in Egypt .